We hope that you appreciate that we really do want you to have a very enjoyable holiday in our self-catering accommodation. We always try to provide an excellent standard of accommodation and presentation. Our booking conditions are listed below for your guidance; if you have any worries or concerns regarding these please do not hesitate to contact us.
The self-catering accommodation at Suffolk Holiday Lodge that you will be occupying is subject to the following conditions which form the basis of the contract between Suffolk Holiday Lodge (“owner” or “we” or “us”) and you the Tenant (”tenant” or “you” or “your”). Suffolk Holiday Lodge hereby agrees to let the property to you on the following terms and conditions:
1) ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE TIMES Unless otherwise stated, weekly bookings are from Friday to Friday in holiday the lodge. You must ensure that you do not arrive at the property until after 3.00 pm on the day of your arrival and you must depart by 10:00 am on the day of departure. If you are going to arrive late please call us.
2) CLEANING / REFUSE You must leave the property in the same state of cleanliness as you found it on arrival. If you fail to do so, we will charge you for any necessary additional cleaning at the rate of £17.50 per hour. There are numerous commercial refuse bins available close to your accommodation, please ensure you dispose of your rubbish in one of the green bins for unrecyclable waste. Please ensure you recycle all glass in the mixed glass bins and paper, card, foil and plastic in the blue commercial bins. If you are unsure of where to put your rubbish or recyclable items please ask at reception.
3) LINEN Unless otherwise specified, all bedding and towels are provided. Any stains or damage to linen not removable by normal laundering will result in replacement linen which will be charged for.
4) DAMAGE Other than minor breakages ie. the odd glass or piece of crockery, all breakages, losses or damage and other extra costs will be charged for. Any damage or malfunction of any aspect of the lodge should be notified to Suffolk Holiday Lodge at once to enable rectification to be carried out. Suffolk Holiday Lodge accepts no liability for loss or damage to Tenants property or belongings including cars and contents.
5) HOW TO BOOK / PAYMENT Having checked with us on prices and availability, you can book on our website, we do ask all rental customers to complete and return a Booking Form together with a deposit of £50 or the total rental amount when a booking is within six weeks of your arrival date. On receipt of the booking form and deposit, we will confirm your booking. The balance is due no later than six weeks from the start of your holiday. If we do not receive all amounts due in full and on time, we have the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you. In this case, all monies paid and/or due at that time will be retained by/must be paid to us. We may however refund such monies if an alternative letting is achieved for the property, taking account any losses incurred. Payment can be either by UK Cheque or Debit/Credit Card. Where a Debit/Credit Card number is given you authorise Suffolk Holiday Lodge to charge from that card the deposit, balance and any further funds including extras and cleaning / damages related to your stay. Where a cheque is given, you agree to pay any further costs incurred covered in these conditions on notification to you of those costs in writing by Suffolk Holiday Lodge, and we reserve the right to pursue you for such amounts
6) PRICES Rental prices may increase/decrease at any time but not after your booking has been confirmed. Prices may be different from those advertised or on our website for periods such as Christmas where an extra charge is levied. Unless otherwise stated, prices include heating, electricity and water, the use of the property and contents. Heating thermostats are set at appropriate temperatures for the time of year. If you alter these and an excessive amount of fuel /electricity is used, we reserve the right to charge you an appropriate amount for this. Dogs and othe pets are not accepted in Suffolk Holiday Lodge.
7) CANCELLATION By Suffolk Holiday Lodge. Should we have to make a significant change to or cancel your holiday for any reason, you will receive a full refund of all monies paid and the opportunity to rebook other dates at a reduced rate. CANCELLATION By The Tenant. If you cancel your booking within six weeks of your holiday, a cancellation charge of 100% will apply (if more than six weeks 25% or £50 whichever is greater) of the total Rental cost will be payable by you. However, if we manage to re-let the Property for the same period you have booked, we will refund all monies you have paid except that the Owner shall be entitled to retain from the monies you have paid (or pursue you for if you have not yet paid) the difference between the amount received from the new Tenant (if less than that paid or payable by you) and the amount payable by you for the original booking. Suffolk Holiday Lodge always recommends that you take out health and cancellation insurance and can give names of suitable insurance companies if required.
8) RIGHT OF ENTRY Suffolk Holiday Lodge management or maintenance staff reserve the right to enter the property at reasonable times to inspect the property and carry out both emergency repairs and normal maintenance including gardening &/or at anytime if there is cause for concern that the booking conditions are being broken.
9) SAFETY/BEHAVIOUR Your safety whilst staying in our properties is important to us. Whilst we take every care to provide a safe environment, no liability is accepted for injury to persons staying in our properties save where this can be shown to be as a result of the negligence by Suffolk Holiday Lodge. Guests are expected to behave in a circumspect manner at all times with regard to their and others safety and to abide by any house rules especially concerning rowdy behaviour and excessive noise. Parents are primarily responsible for the safety of Children and letting of accommodation does not negate Parental responsibility. If any aspect of safety causes concern to you or any member of your party, please contact Suffolk Holiday Lodge as soon before you return the booking form or commit to a booking. We can then explain more fully the specific area of concern and if necessary try to find suitable alternative accommodation. It will be the responsibility of the person signing the booking form to ultimately decide if the property is suitable for the members of their party. Suffolk Holiday Lodge reserves the right to take any appropriate action, including immediate termination of the Tenancy (when no refunds will be made and will have no further liability to you) if the property, contents or its grounds are abused or misused or if the number of persons staying at the property exceeds the number stated on your booking form or exceeds the number stated by Suffolk Holiday Lodge to be the capacity of the property. Parties or gatherings including guests not staying at the property must be agreed by prior arrangement with Suffolk Holiday Lodge. Parking caravans or pitching tents is not permitted. Damage to the property as a result of the fault or abuse (wilful, negligent or otherwise) of the tenant will be fully charged including consequential loss of future lettings.
10) COMPLAINTS If you have any complaints concerning the property or service received by Suffolk Holiday Lodge, please inform Suffolk Holiday Lodge immediately during your stay (within 24 hours) to allow us to deal with the complaint at the earliest opportunity. If you have further concerns please send these in writing within 28 days of the end of your stay. Please check that the cleanliness of the holiday rental is to your satisfaction on arrival as cleaning complaints can only be responded to if notified within 2 hours of arrival. Regretfully, no liability can be accepted if we are not so notified. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that your stay is to your utmost satisfaction, we cannot accept responsibility for noise or nuisance caused by neighbouring properties including unsociable occupants, village events or building works where this is out of our direct control but we will make every effort to mitigate these where we can. Our rural/coastal location means that tenants must expect the presence of rabbits, pigeons, pheasants, insects and such like, the noise of machinery tending to adjacent land and the occasional inherent smell of rural agriculture. There is little that can be done to resolve such nuisance/inconvenience and must be accepted by Tenants as an inherent part of rural life.
11) FORCE MAJEURE Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, Suffolk Holiday Lodge accepts no liability where the performance of the contractual obligations is prevented or affected by, or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of “Force Majeure”. In these Booking Conditions “Force Majeure” means any event which Suffolk Holiday Lodge could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or manmade disaster, adverse weather conditions, flooding, fire and all similar events outside our control.
12) NOTES Please note that a single car parking space is provided at your accommodation we can accept additional cars but you will need to notify us prior to your stay if you require additional parking – Parking for additional cars is often unavailable outside your accommodation but at designated overflow parking areas which we will make you aware of. Please DO NOT park additional vehicles outside your accommodation as these can pose a fire risk and evacuation risk.
A copy of the terms and conditions can be downloaded as a pdf file here.